Sunday, April 14, 2019

Always working

Over the weekend, my brother in law walked into the house to see me sitting at my desk. He said, I think you must sleep in that chair. He says does your machine ever not run?? Some might say I am committed, others might say I need committed. 
I can honestly say that I really do love my job. I take great pride in what I do, I work hard to provide cool items that people want to buy. 
You might be saying, what does your job have to do with Autism Awareness. Well 7 years ago, I made the decision to stay home because it was becoming harder and harder to find a babysitter for Carson. Even though  he goes to school, when school was out or he was sick it was hard.  I loved my job and loved the people I worked for. It was not an easy decision, but it was the best one for our family. I had the opportunity to watch some babies to bring in some income and be home for Carson. 
It was one of those things that just seemed to click for Carson. He seemed to really thrive after I was home. He was changing for the good and he was happy. I think he just had a comfort to know, Mom was going to be there when he got home. 
These babies I have watched over the years have become part of our family. They are learning about Autism in their own way by watching their “big brother” - they interact with each other. They love each other. It’s pretty awesome. 
About a year after I stayed home I questioned my decision, I mean as much as I love all my babies, it is not an easy job. I love them and most days are very rewarding. But financially it was a big hurt/hit. One night I was talking to my friend/former boss about going back to work. And she said to me I know its hard, but look how far Carson has come, you made the right decision. 
So I started looking for other ways to continue to stay home and bring in more money. I started using my Cricut to make invitations and decorations for parties, baby albums, and moved on to signs, and before I knew it tshirts, and now its mugs, slates and more. Always looking for new things to make. Pinterest is kinda evil 😜
So I found a way to make it work for our family to keep Carson happy and pay the bills, thanks to awesome family and friends who support my business and support our family in more ways then one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment