Friday, April 21, 2017

Just so

 Even though it can be frustrating at times, it is in a way an amazing thing to watch Carson in action.
The things that have to be just so, and if you try to change it, it can set him off. 
When I say it sets him off,  it can be:
Yelling No
Tears (although it is extremely rare to see him cry)
Stomping his feet
Running into another room and throwing himself on the floor, bed or couch 
Slamming a door

But these are things that he wants his way:

The Hawaiian Punch bottles lined up, and when it is time to open a new bottle, you have to pick the one on the far left. If you don't he will change it out, and give you a glare for not doing it right.

We have a hasp and lock on rhe refrigerator. If the lock is not on, he will adjust the hasp to a position that he wants. And he will adjust it, every time someon opens the fridge and he is right there.

I close the shower curtain, he will open it. And the liner has to be outside the tub, which generally means a wet spot on the floor. 

His lunch box has to sit on the dining room floor, with the shoulder strap laying in a position that looks right to him. Which is a trip hazard. I pick it up. He puts it back. The only way I can put it away, is lock in cabinet. During the week, we just leave if, weekends and breaks I hide it. There was even a couple days last week that Bill's lunch box had to sit on the floor by Carsons. 

Yesterday morning, I came out and the kitchen counter was sticky so I sprayed my thieves cleaner on it and went back in the bedroom to get something. I came out to a clean counter. Carson cleaned it for me. He didn't like the wet counter. 

He frustrates us with his just so tendencies but there is also things that he does that makes us so proud. 
This kid just has a way to always make us smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment