Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rough & Tough

 Like I have said before, some days are rougher then others. And when you throw curve balls at Carson's routine, you get rougher days. 
No school for Easter break, so right there starts a change for him. Then add the little ones I babysit to the mix and that throws him off more. But the past couple days I have been helping a friend out by watching her 2 since there is no school. So there are alot of kids running around. Its loud, its crazy and chaotic. Overall he adjusts well. He just ignores the kids for the most part. He does his thing, if it is listening to his ipad, or dancing on the porch, or quiet time in his room. He adjusts well. 
When summer vacation rolls around, after a week or so, he knows its the normal, so he just rolls with it. He interacts with the kids when he wants to, they try to talk to him, but if he doesn't want to, he just says NO. 
Yesterday was rough for me. It was a beautiful, sunny day, but it was chilly. When the sun is shining, Carson thinks that every door needs to be open. Which means it gets chilly in the house. And the kid with stealth hearing could be outside in the front yard and hear me shut the patio door on the backside of the house. He will run in the house, open the door and go back out. If we try to lock it, he can become very agitated. So instead of risking a broken door, I put a blanket over me. 
Another thing he will do if he is agitated, I notice he will listen to the same clip of a video, over and over and over. So many times that my brain wants to explode. But it soothes him. So I just deal. But the patience becomes very thin by the end of the day. 

Some days are really rough, but I just have to be tougher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment