Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Not so sweet 16

In a few days, Carson is going to reach that milestone that so many kids can hardly wait to reach. Turning 16! Getting their drivers license. Unfortunately, that is one of those milestones that Carson will not achieve. (At least at age 16, I have learned go never say never) 
This birthday is one that is hitting me hard. It makes me sad that he isn't going to get excited about driving. I know it is another worry if he was a typical kid to be driving. But I am sad it is an experience that he will miss out on.
What other experiences will he miss out on? Buying his first car, School dances, first job, college, dating, falling in love, getting married, babies... why him?? Why us?? 
I am having a hard time with this. I am blessed to have a super sweet boy who loves me, but damn it, he deserves these things too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment